W Hotel & Residences Tel Aviv
Redevelopment of the historic French Hospital into a boutique hotel in the Old City of Jaffa
Everything in the Israel is multilayered - this project is not different: Located at the corner of Yefet and Louis Pasteur Streets at the southeastern entrance to the Old City of Jaffa, it is considered one of the most beautiful spots in Tel Aviv.
Yefet Street is part of the historical trading route from ancient Jaffa to Egypt and to Jerusalem around the city walls. After their demolition and the growth of the city, it became a major commercial street.
The French Hospital was established in 1879 as a monastery by Catholic nuns of the order of St. Joseph of the Revelation. Serving as a hostel for pilgrims, it later expanded to become Jaffa's first modern hospital. In 1997 RFR Real Estate Holding purchased the building in order to establish the first boutique hotel and luxury apartment building of the W Hotel chain by Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide in Israel. Beside the conversion of the historic building into 38 luxury apartments, a new six-floor hotel and apartment building with 125 hotel rooms will be built on the site.
The construction started in 2013 and is estimated to be finished in 2016.
Responsibilities: Landscape plan and sections, design and construction details, vegetation plan, history research